Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Goth art dolls

Well seems another month has just flown by me...where does the time seem to go...between art and gardening and house hold duties seems i rarely find the time or energy to blog..right now today i'm in the middle of cleaning my studio and setting up a new sewing room...i'll be posting photos probably in the next two weeks of each work space...one is for my sculpting and painting while my other is all sewing things related...i've put off setting up this space due to no air conditioning in that room but since i'll be getting one next week i can't wait to start sewing and learning my "new" antique sewing machine...yes its new to me but is over fourty years old yet in mint condition all the attachments kept in their original boxes ect...a lovely machine and perfect for the simple seamstress i aim to be...mostly in the past i've only done hand sewing but i'm looking to add more detail to my costumes and need the help of a sewing machine to achieve this goal....i have so many ideas and plans for very detailed doll gowns...only problem being most of my dolls do not bend and there for must be hand sewn directly on too the art doll...but a sewing machine still will be helpful for adding layers to skirts and dress's as well as making perfect hems with even stitches...not to mention other things i might decide to sew as well...maybe some mini wall art made from hand painted and rubber stamped fabric...my head is swimming in idea...but first i must arrange the space to be able to use it in a proper way...clutter seems to upset my creative energy...i need neatness, organization...these things are a must if i'm to create successfully...so i'll leave you with photo's of my latest goth doll nose ring and all...is'nt she cute? and of course i'm working on a whole set of alice and wonderland creations for the ADO blog challange...so much excitement...ohhh i just love art dolls...also please visit my other blog at http://www.wickedwhimsies.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Hi, love your Goth Art Doll, especially her nose ring! I wear a nose ring myself now for many years so I guess that her and me have something in common. lol Have a great day!
    Hugs...
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete

ALL CONTENTS COPYRIGHT OF CHRISTEN BILLS

please do not reproduce nor use or abuse any of my artwork or designs..thankyou